Filter by Category
Dental Hygiene Continuing Education
Local Anesthesia Refresher
with Denise Bridges
Date: Sunday, 9/19/21, 1 session
Format: In person
Location: CCCC Main Campus, 2240 Iyannough Road, West Barnstable
This hands-on local anesthesia course will focus on updating skills in delivering injections. Time will be spent on the Inferior Alvelor Injection, Posterior Superior Alveolar injection and helpful injection technique tips for infiltration and nerve blocks. In order to register for this course, participants must hold current Massachusetts Permit Licensure. Participants must be able to serve as patients and receive as well as administer local anesthesia. 3 CEU's will be awarded upon completion.
You will learn to:
- Demonstrate and perform injection anesthesia techniques commonly used by dental hygienists.
- Practice nerve block injections such as inferior alveolar/lingual, mental, greater palatine, nasopalatine
- Learn about new anesthetic products
All participants must bring to class:
- Current Dental Hygiene and Permit L licenses
- Clinical attire (scrub tops and pants, clinical shoes, gloves and safety glasses)
Who Should Attend?
Registered Dental Hygienists in need of continuing education credits (CEU's). Participants must hold current Massachusetts Permit Licensure.
About the Instructor: