Filter by Category
Flying Drones for Business Applications (WPG551-62)
with Larry Harman
Important: Start Date Changed to October 9th!
Date: Saturdays, 10/9/2021-12/11/2021, (no class 11/13 & 11/27), 8 sessions
Format: In Person
Location: CCCC Main Campus, 2240 Iyannough Rd, West Barnstable
This program is for individuals who wish to earn the FAA Remote Pilot Certification, with a focus on all the content required for the FAA’s Remote Pilot Test — regulations, the National Airspace System, weather, aircraft loading and performance, flight operations, and more including:
- The expanding role of drones in commercial and government applications
- Commercial systems available for budget operations
- Knowledge of approaches to applying sUAS in transportation safety, security, and emergency response
- Mission planning and goal assessment
- Imagery analysis skills
- Safety practices advocated by insurance companies and risk managers
- Imagery analysis using commercial mapping programs
This course is offered in-person. College social distancing guidelines will be followed and masks are required in the building and on-campus at all times.