Computer Essentials for Beginners
with Sandy Leo-Clark
Do you want to be able to use a computer but don’t know where to start? Have no fear, the content of this course will help you to learn the basics of using a personal computer such as understanding the desk top and start menu, and creating and saving a document. You will also get guided exposure to the finer points of computing in Microsoft Word. This is a fun and highly interactive course where students learn through instructor-led hands-on exercises.
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- Identify Windows Ribbons and Bars and demonstrate Window function by utilizing scroll, minimize, restore, resize, move, and close.
- Demonstrate basic Word Processing skills by formatting text into a project such as a list, letter, or flyer.
- Create, save, and organize documents in Files and Folders.
- Build basic Columns & Tables.
- Show basic navigation in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for computer novices who have little or no experience with using personal computers.
This program is offered in person. All programs with in-person (on campus) classroom instruction at Cape Cod Community College require students to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to participation.
Oct 4 - 13th, 2022
Tue and Thu for 2 weeks from 4:00 - 6:00 pm
Cape Cod Community College - Hyannis Center
540 Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601 Get directions