Initiative - 21st Century Digital Badge (WPG514-68)
with Kate Condon
PORTABLE. STACKABLE. CAREER ADVANCING. New Micro-credentialing Badge Program Available at Cape Cod Community College
For a limited time, the cost is FREE. The Badge programs are offered in partnership with Cape Cod Community College Educational Foundation. All costs; tuition, course fees, and instruction are covered by the CCCC Educational Foundation.
Initiative Badge Course
Initiative in the 21st century includes self-efficacy and the capacity to identify needs and respond proactively. Individuals who exercise initiative show four core sub-competencies: self-awareness, learning from both “failure” and “success” as opportunities to learn and develop. They lead without an official. To earn a micro-credential, a student must demonstrate proficiency via a performance-based assessment in four core sub-competencies. Once a student successfully completes the four assessments, they are awarded a digital badge.
- Lead Without a Title: Individuals motivate and guide others; raising the morale of their group; and taking responsibility for what needs to be done.
- Act as a Catalyst: Individuals galvanize action; identifying and seizing opportunities for change; and overcoming inertia.
- Demonstrate Self-Awareness: Individuals evaluate their own performance; recognizing their motivations; and managing their anxiety.
- Learn from Experience: Individuals welcome and apply feedback; resisting defensiveness; and seeing “failure” as an opportunity for greater understanding.
Zoom Session Dates:
- Tuesday 5/18 from 3-4:30pm
- Tuesday 5/25 from 3-4:30pm
This is an instructor-led online course. In addition to the two live Zoom sessions, students should plan for approximately 15 hours to complete the online modules and assessments. Zoom guidance will be provided prior to the start of this program.
Our Education Partner
The 21st Century Skills Digital Micro-credentials are authorized by Education Design Lab and issued by Cape Cod Community College. The micro-credentials have been co-designed with employers and are assessed by institutional facilitators. Across the suite of micro-credentials, learners engage in rigorous learning experiences that intentionally develop workplace skills.
Questions? Contact Barb Howell at 508-375-5004. Space is limited.
May 18 - Jun 8th, 2021
Tue for 3 weeks