Intercultural Fluency - 21st Century Digital Badge (WPG516-68)
with Jen Vondenbrink
PORTABLE. STACKABLE. CAREER ADVANCING. New Micro-credentialing Badge Program Available at Cape Cod Community College
For a limited time, the cost is FREE. The Badge programs are offered in partnership with Cape Cod Community College Educational Foundation. All costs; tuition, course fees, and instruction are covered by the CCCC Educational Foundation.
Intercultural Fluency Badge Course
Intercultural fluency in the 21st century includes the capacity to operate and communicate in different cultural contexts. Individuals who are fluent interculturally exhibit these core four sub-competencies: recognize and challenge their own cultural biases; show curiosity; demonstrate self-awareness; and incorporate diverse perspectives.
To earn a micro-credential, a student must demonstrate proficiency via a performance-based assessment in four core sub-competencies. Once a student successfully completes the four assessments, they are awarded a digital badge.
- Recognize + Challenge One’s Cultural Biases: Individuals reject “othering”; working effectively in multicultural settings; and avoiding ethno-centricism.
- Demonstrate Curiosity: Individuals demonstrate cognitive and affective openness to and interest in change and difference.
- Demonstrate Self-Awareness: Individuals evaluate their own performance; recognizing their motivations; and managing their anxiety.
- Incorporate Diverse Perspectives: Individuals enlarge the conversation; challenging their own thinking; and maximizing group effectiveness.
Zoom Session Dates:
- Tuesday 6/8 from 11:30-1pm
- Tuesday 6/22 from 11:30-1pm
This is an instructor-led online course. In addition to the two live Zoom sessions, students should plan for approximately 15 hours to complete the online modules and assessments. Zoom guidance will be provided prior to the start of this program.
Our Education Partner
The 21st Century Skills Digital Micro-credentials are authorized by Education Design Lab and issued by Cape Cod Community College. The micro-credentials have been co-designed with employers and are assessed by institutional facilitators. Across the suite of micro-credentials, learners engage in rigorous learning experiences that intentionally develop workplace skills.
Questions? Contact Barb Howell at 508-375-5004. Space is limited.
Jun 8 - 29th, 2021
Tue for 3 weeks from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm