Management in Today's Workplace (WPG300-65)
with Rich Weissman
Employer Grant Funds Available!* If you would like to find out if your employer is eligible to send their employees at no-cost (highly likely), contact Danielle Dupuis, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for this program.
Managing teams in today's workplace has drastically changed. Our Management Academy Program will help you to enhance your communication skills, set expectations, and provide you with the tools to manage your time effectively.
This 24-hour intensive eight-session program is designed to inspire and teach managers to create an increasingly positive and productive work environment by developing as individuals as well as shifting the overall culture in four core areas: 1) Management Essentials, 2) Communication Styles, 3) Optimizing Performance and 4) Results-Focused Leadership.
The Management Academy Program will focus on the following core topics:
- Understand the basic principles of collaborative management and learn to leverage tools to increase collaboration in problem solving, meetings and internal and external communication.
- Learn how to implement and conduct a structured interview process, how to structure behaviorally based questions around important skills, and assess and create an action plan for new employees added to your team.
- Learn an effective performance management model, understand how both reinforcing and changing behavior feedback shorten the performance management timeframe, and brainstorm reward and recognition tools.
- Understand cultural differences and how they can impact employee communication and interactions, understand where micro inequities can occur, and develop a plan to create openness and awareness for yourself, coworkers, and your teams.
- Review time management principles and apply effective tools, learn basic project management techniques, learn to identify barriers to productive workflow, understand mindfulness techniques to relieve stress, and apply time management tools to your teams.
This course is offered in a remote learning capacity. Zoom guidance and instructions will be provided prior to the start of the course.
*Please see our other grant-funded course offerings:
Upcoming Sessions (grant-funded for eligible employers!):
Nov 16 - Dec 9th, 2020
Mon and Wed for 4 weeks from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm