Mastering the Art of Business Communication (WPG576-62)
with Dianne Klayman
Date: Tuesday, 11/2/21, 1 session
Format: In person
Location: Hyannis Center, 540 Main Street, Hyannis
The two words 'information' and 'communication' are often used interchangeably, but they signify quite different things. Information is giving out; communication is getting through. Sydney J. Harris
Effective communication is about more than just exchanging information. It is about understanding the emotion and intentions behind the information. It is about being able to clearly convey a message. It is about listening to your clients or customers in a way that gains the full meaning of what is being said, builds trust, and makes the other person feel heard and understood.
- Understand the six stages involved in the communication process
- Learn how and why communication fails
- Identify 3 learning style preferences
- Recognize your audience in terms of how they learn and communicate
- Adjust your communication style to communicate with different learning and communication styles
- Maximize your ability to be an effective listener
- Know the 3 basic types of questions and how to choose the right one based upon the situation
- Understand how to communicate in a group setting so all preferences hear the same message
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed to help participants maximize their ability to communicate effectively and help others to do the same.
About the Instructor:
Dianne Klayman has over 25 years’ experience in leadership and organizational development assessing departmental needs; designing and delivering various programs in both the public and private sectors.
Dianne holds a BA in Education from the University of Massachusetts as well as a MSW from Boston College School of Social Work; certifications as a Myers-Briggs Type Instrument, Leadership 2000 and Situational Leadership Instructor; and in addition, Dianne is a Mass certified meditator and continued to advance her training in this area by attending Harvard University’s Program on Negotiation.
Nov 11th, 2021
Thu from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Cape Cod Community College - Hyannis Center
540 Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601 Get directions