Medical Assistant Review and Exam Preparation Course
with Eva Stanley
This course will review the material contained in the Medical Assisting Certification exams including the CMA (AAMA), RMA (AMT), and CCMA (NHA).
- Medical Assisting
- Scope of Practice in MA.Anatomy & Physiology and Medical Terminology
- Specific concerns of the professional medical assistant in communication, physical history, and coaching patients.
- Review of specialty skills such as EKG, phlebotomy, and point of care testing.
- Ethical and Legal Concerns
Upon completion of this course the student will be better prepared to sit for any of the three certification exams, depending on their eligibility.
- CMA (AAMA) and RMA (AMT) require the examinee has graduated from an accredited (AAMA or ABHES) Medical Assisting program.
- CCMA (NHA) requires the examinee have at least one year experience as a medical assistant with employer verification.
Completion of this course does not in any way determine the pass or fail outcome of any certification exam taken by the participant. It is intended as a preparatory course only.
Who Should Attend
This course is available to CMA/RMA and CCMA candidates wishing to review the material contained in the Medical Assisting Certification exams including the CMA (AAMA), RMA (AMT), and CCMA (NHA).
A student must have at least one of the following to enroll in this prep course.
- Applicants must have graduated from an accredited (CAAHEP or ABHES) program for CMA (AAMA) or RMA (AMT) certification.
- Applicants must at least one year experience working as a Medical Assistant in an ambulatory care or clinic setting for CCMA (NHA) certification.
This course is taught by faculty from the accredited (AAMA) program at Cape Cod Community College.
Course Schedule and Format
The course is composed of 10 2.5-hour livestream training sessions. Guidance and instructions will be provided prior to the start of the course for the virtual sessions. Please add yourself to our Wait List and you will be contacted when the schedule is confirmed.
The final session will be an in-person Mock Exam at the Hyannis Center, 540 Main Street, Hyannis. To participate in the mock exam, all students will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and masks are required indoors at all Cape Cod Community College campuses.
For additional program information, please contact Michelle Constantino at 508-375-5014, or email@example.com.
Sep 1 - Dec 31st, 2022