Filter by Category
New and Emerging Manager
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Essentials
The SHRM Essentials program gives students an overview of essential topics and issues within HR so they can more effectively manage the challenging issues and situations they are faced with on the job.
This program was developed by SHRM, the world’s largest HR association and leading advocate for HR professionals. The SHRM Essentials of Human Resources is the first level HR program to incorporate components of the SHRM BoCK and provide insight into the standards for knowledge, strategies and competencies.
SHRM Essentials is ideal for those who are:
- New to HR
- Small business owners
- Managers and professionals with HR responsibilities
The program covers six key HR topics and provides tools you can immediately put to use in your organization:
- Human Resources. Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition. Develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management. Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
- Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
Course materials/books are included with the cost of this program.
Who Should Attend
This program is ideal for small business owners, those who are new to human resources, and/or any manager or professional with HR responsibilities.
Take this course from the comfort of your home or office! This course is offered in an online/remote learning capacity with scheduled (live) Zoom sessions.
About the Instructor
With over twenty years of experience in business, including training and development, Kimberly Matthews is well versed with the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Learning System and certification exam preparation course. Kimberly currently holds a Senior Certified Professional designation from SHRM.
She has amassed a great deal of on-line facilitation experience in her career as a Training and Development Manager at Marriott International hosting virtual classrooms across the continental United States to a diverse audience of Gen X, Gen Y and millennials. She also has acquired extensive experience in adult education at the community college level.
Attention Employers: This Training is Eligible for Reimbursement!
Click here for eligibility and application process information.