Filter by Category
Infection and Disease Control Basic Proficiency (WHN171-66)
with Dan Shea
Our lives have changed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and these changes will be with us for years to come. This program will help individuals, especially front-line workers, flatten the curve by successfully completing this course and make our community and workplaces safer and more secure. The course covers: guidelines, precautions, preventing transmission, hygiene, PPE use including isolation protocol, and an in-depth approach to infectious agents including the most current infectious concern(s). Also included in this program are the following topics:
- Sepsis awareness/prevention
- COVID19 CMS guidelines
- Cleaning, disinfection, sterilization
This program will be delivered online. Instructions for program set up will be provided in advance of the start date.
Human Resource Management Principles for HR Professionals (WPG492-68)
with Monet Viens
This course has been developed for new HR professionals and supervisors and managers with HR responsibilities.
Learn the many diverse components of successful Human Resources management, from legal hassles to interpersonal disputes and benefits to compensation issues. Topics include:
- HR Law update 2020-2021
- How to clearly communicate employee benefits
- How to identify and prevent workplace harassment including sexual harassment
- HR electronic record keeping
- Effective interviews to hire the right people
This course is offered in a remote learning capacity. Zoom guidance and instructions will be provided prior to the first session.
Flying Drones for Business Applications (WPG551-68)
with Larry Harman
This program is for individuals who wish to earn the FAA Remote Pilot Certification, with a focus on all the content required for the FAA’s Remote Pilot Test — regulations, the National Airspace System, weather, aircraft loading and performance, flight operations, and more including:
- The expanding role of drones in commercial and government applications
- Commercial systems available for budget operations
- Knowledge of approaches to applying sUAS in transportation safety, security, and emergency response
- Mission planning and goal assessment
- Imagery analysis skills
- Safety practices advocated by insurance companies and risk managers
- Imagery analysis using commercial mapping programs
This course is offered in-person. College social distancing guidelines will be followed and masks are required in the building and on-campus at all times.