Filter by Category
The Center for Corporate and Professional Education at Cape Cod Community College and ed2go are partnering to present a menu of professional programs to prepare for exams and certifications - some industry-recognized! Self-paced and instructor-led, ed2go is an online learning platform designed to strengthen your personal and professional skillset.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. ENROLL NOW! Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours. Call 855.520.6806 to learn more!
If you would like to speak with someone directly at Cape Cod Community College, contact Mary Conklin, Program Coordinator, at 508-375-5010.
Paralegals play a vital role in the legal profession. These qualified professionals take on a variety of tasks ranging from legal research to drafting legal documents in traditional law office settings and in the corporate, government, and public arenas. Formal training is a critical part of preparing for a career as a paralegal.
The Paralegal course will help you gain the skills you need to enter the paralegal workforce. You will learn how to conduct legal research and legal interviews, how to perform legal analyses, and more. As you prepare for your paralegal career, you will also receive soft skills training to increase workplace effectiveness. The course concludes with a capstone project and a portfolio review. You will first create a complete litigation file that includes: a legal analysis brief, an investigative report, client interview checklist, intake memo, complaint, legal research, and interoffice memorandum of law. Then, you will learn how to create a strong resume that encompasses your specialized skill set and showcases the impact you would make for your next employer.
Through a partnership with the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA), you will also receive membership and access to NALA's Certified Paralegal (CP) Exam Review courses should you choose to take the NALA CP exam at a future time.
What you will learn:
- Learn the fundamentals of the U.S. legal system
- Master how to perform legal research and interviews
- Prepare yourself to take the Certified Paralegal certification exam through the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)
- Understand the basics of litigation communication skills
- Soft skills for workplace effectiveness
- Learn necessary skills required to thrive within the legal industry
How you will benefit:
- Jump-start your career as a paralegal
- Work with an instructor for one-on-one assistance, and receive free access to NALA Campus and Westlaw
- Prepare a professional resume and portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge